Thursday, October 5, 2017

Australian Adventure

Well, Jim is getting used to driving on the left, but I am still a clench the seat rider. It just seems so unusual.
We are having a fabulous time and the walks off the side of the winding roads are phenomenal. I am in awe while walking through ancient forests. The light playing on the ferns and the huge trees and the songs of the birds and I am in heaven. I have taken so many pictures of ferns and trees that I will have to probably delete over half of them.


Tuesday(here), we went to David Fleay Wildlife Park where we spent the day. There we all kinds of ranger talks about the different animal species here in Australia. This is where we saw a peek of a baby Kola Bear. Boy, all they do is sleep. We kept going back to see them so that we could get some pictures of them with their heads up. Jim and I totally enjoyed the park, even though I don't like to see animals in captivity this park does a great job of naturalizing for their animals. I spoke to one of the rangers and she told us that she is assigned a certain amount of animals that are hers to watch over and find out about all their little issues. I know a couple people that would find that job engaging. We took our time and listened to every discourse that was offered. It was an awesome day, thoroughly enjoyable.


Wednesday(here) we decided to lay low and explore and investigate the Timeshare we are in. We hiked a trail that was mostly lose stone and straight up and then straight down. I am getting used to the up and down, but most of the time there are switchbacks. This was just up and my calves were quite angry with me. Then we spent time feeding the turtles and taking pictures of the family of Kangaroos that we found by the creek. I very relaxing day and I am in process of two books. It is interesting to find myself with time to do nothing!! It is quite enjoyable but I still have to shut my mind off at times!!

Yesterday, Thursday (here) we decided to spend our time on Tamborine Mtn and when we arrived at the top we were just in time to watch as over a dozen hang gliders were readying themselves and their hang gliders. It was quite a process and I was chatting with one of them about what it was all about. He said that they were being tracked and checked to see how their flight went.


To be continued.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are having this opportunity to experience free time and what that has to offer!

    ReplyDelete