Tuesday, October 10, 2017

25th AAA

Okay, today we are getting ready to pack up and leave early in the morning tomorrow to head to our next destination, Tomakin, but after checking the drive we decided to split it up and we are staying tomorrow night in Gosford which is about 9 hours from here.


Sunday we spent the day hanging around and went for a long walk in the late afternoon to the Dam from our timeshare. It was longer than we expected and ended coming back in the light of our phone flashlight. We caught a lot of the nightlife lizards scurrying around and the owls swooping overhead. It was great.!


Monday was an adventure drive out into the countryside to locate Lismore, which we thought would be a small artist town. Turned out to be quite the large city and the only artist dwelling/shop was closed on Mondays. We did catch a nice museum at the information center and spent some time looking at all of the contributions. It was a very varied collection of artifacts.




























Tuesday we headed for Mount Blarney National Park and the various Falls that were advertised therein. What the map failed to show were the constant switchbacks and OH SO very narrow roads. The country side was absolutely breathtaking on every side, the problem being that I had very little air to breath as I was holding my breath and biting my lip a lot. God bless Jim and his patience!! We finally arrived at our destination and it was worth the drive, I think


I must admit the drive back was bad! We told the person at the top that we did not want to go back down the way we came up as it was very treacherous and it would have been worse on the downhill. He told us that it was the shortest way, but that we could go this other way!!!!!!I didn't think we would ever get back, and we ended up night driving for the first time and there are little to no lights available on the roadways. OH MY GOD I love my driver to bits!!!!

We will be on the road all of tomorrow so I will catch us up on Friday (if there is wifi) I will say right now that we don't realize how good we have it in the good old USA!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment